Faith at home

Thoughts about faith formation, children, adults, sacramental Christianity, and more, from a stay-at-home Episcopalian mom of 2 young sons in the southern Great Plains.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

It's Sunday morning...

...and I ought to read my own stuff. About the importance of Sundays, and I don't just mean the full-color Sunday comics and the kids tickling Daddy awake. Here we are, at home, fooling around, rather than on our way home from a summer Sunday service at St. John's. This summer the kids have been GREAT in the services, which -- after the last year of struggle in services with Son #1 -- has been a very great gift. Yet I have a hard time getting us rolling in the morning to get to our Sunday church service. Last Sunday we also skipped church, and Son #1 and I read Morning Prayer instead, a reasonable substitute but not as wonderful as being in church together and going up for Eucharist together.

Gotta re-read my own stuff! Specifically: "Sundays Are Worth the Effort."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home